Fall Mantle Refresh

 Do you really get to call it a refresh if you're starting with a blank slate? Our living room is still in a state of disarray. We did finally get our new couch in - fun(ny) story to go along with that. So buckle up for a side note here! 

I ordered the new couch online because at that point back in April all stores were still closed. Our old living room furniture got moved to the basement so we had nothing in the living room but our old rug (and boxes and other random items that still may or may not have a home). Like I was saying, I ordered the new couch online. When I did, the Mr asked me to put it on a specific credit card to get the most points for it. I obliged. Orders were backed up (understandably - we're living in a global pandemic here and I'm ordering a couch), so delivery time was 4-6 weeks. No biggie, we spend most of our time in the basement since there's also no TV in the living room. 

Back to the couch. 

About a week prior to the couch's approximate arrival I decided I wanted to confirm it was still on track for that particular date, because after the actual ordering of said couch I basically forgot about it. BUT I had just ordered a new living room rug, which made me remember the couch. I start searching through my emails and legit cannot find an order confirmation anywhere. I am racking my brain, searching my trash folder, spam folder, everything. And I cannot find it. I KNOW that I ordered it because I made sure to use that specific credit card. So my natural reaction is panic. (Naturally). 

I'm also fully aware this is a first world problem, but I am so annoyed I may have to go another 4-6 weeks without a couch if I have to re-order it. And did I mention I purchased it on super sale because we're in the middle of a global pandemic and normal people are not ordering couches at this time? Anyways, after 45 minutes - yes FORTY-FIVE minutes on hold, the couch was indeed actually ordered, and the delivery date was still the same. What about the phantom email I cannot seem to find? Apparently they had my husbands email on file with the credit card. I still have no idea how that even happened because I never gave them that email, and I KNOW I gave them mine. Apparently my husband ignored his email that could've saved us all. #husbands

Aren't you glad I shared this gem of a tale with you? Pretty anti-climactic at the end there, so apologies if you were expecting some dramatic Karen yelling at customer service story.

Also I'm not 100% positive I'm going to survive this house.

But back to the point of this post though! I put together a fun little fall mantle. The other point of this post being our living room is still in disarray so I helped a friend style it at their house. Although it's certainly serving as some fireplace inspo. See I knew I'd circle back around eventually! 

And if you're still reading this, you definitely deserve some fun photos to go along with it. There's no fun/I'm a crazy person story to go with the fall mantle refresh though, check back next time.

It's pretty neutral/minimalist but 2020 just seemed to call for something a little more chill.







Comments

Popular Posts